1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 7:16 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flash Pop Up Window

artuse08

Hello there and thanks for taking a minute to read this:

I am creating a website in Flash and would like to make pop up windows for my portfolio image files. In other words, I am creating thumbnail buttons and would like for these buttons to open up pop up windows to display its corresponding full scale image when clicked on. I've seen postings explaining to use the "getURL" action but I can't seem to make it work. This is the error message that I get:

**Error** Scene=home, layer=buttonsImages, frame=1:Line 1: Statement must appear within on handler
      getURL("javascript:n_name=window.open('fashion4.jpg','win_01','width=800,height=1200 ,scrollbars=yes,');void(0);");

**Error** Scene=home, layer=buttonsImages, frame=1:Line 2: Unexpected '}' encountered
      });

Total ActionScript Errors: 2 Reported Errors: 2

Any suggestions?
      Your help is greatly appreciated!!
        • 1. Re: Flash Pop Up Window
          Level 7
          artuse08 wrote:
          > Hello there and thanks for taking a minute to read this: I am
          > creating a website in Flash and would like to make pop up windows for my
          > portfolio image files. In other words, I am creating thumbnail buttons and
          > would like for these buttons to open up pop up windows to display its
          > corresponding full scale image when clicked on. I've seen postings explaining
          > to use the 'getURL' action but I can't seem to make it work. This is the error
          > message that I get: **Error** Scene=home, layer=buttonsImages, frame=1:Line 1:
          > Statement must appear within on handler
          > getURL('javascript:n_name=window.open('fashion4.jpg','win_01','width=800,height=
          > 1200,scrollbars=yes,');void(0);'); **Error** Scene=home, layer=buttonsImages,
          > frame=1:Line 2: Unexpected '}' encountered }); Total ActionScript Errors:
          > 2 Reported Errors: 2 Any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated!!
          >

Hi there
          As the error indicate: "Statement must appear within on handler", you are missing
          a handler. If you trigger that action by button then you must add the button
          handler to it.
          For example, you give the button instance name Button_01 and create handler on timeline
          frame, within which you place an action:

Button_01.onRelease = function() {

//action here

};

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>