Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered shooting: Importing non tethered pics into tethered catalogue

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, here is my question:

I was shooting tethered and everything worked fine. I took out to take a few pictures without the cable (to be less restricted in movement). When I wanted to import these pictures from to memory card the Lightroom catalogue that included my tethered pictures I couldn't see them.

Is there a solution for that?

Because sometimes the client wants to select the best pictures so it makes it easier to have them in the same place.

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but are you saying that you're trying to import images from a memory card that was inserted into your camera when you were shooting tethered?

If that's the case then the images won;t be there. When you shoot tethered, you shoot straight from your camera into Lightroom (not ot memory card).

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marer,

I was shooting tethered without any issues, but when I removed the cable (the memory card was in the camera all the time) the pictures were saved on the memory card and these pictures when I copied them in the catalogue of the tethered shoot wouldn't show up in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what you're saying is, you have images on memory card and import them into Lightroom, and they don't show in Lightroom?

Is that what you're saying?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karinkaras  wrote

Hi Marer,

I was shooting tethered without any issues, but when I removed the cable (the memory card was in the camera all the time) the pictures were saved on the memory card and these pictures when I copied them in the catalogue of the tethered shoot wouldn't show up in Lightroom.

It's still pretty vague, but what I think you are saying is that the tethering was interrupted and so some images were saved to the memory card rather than imported through tethering? You should still be able to import these images from the card into the catalog, because there is no such thing as a special 'tethered catalog'. There is only one type of catalog.

The images on the memory card should import just fine. You may have to disconnect the camera from the computer and then connect it again, or use a card reader.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

karinkaras  wrote

Hi Marer,

First you don't COPY images into LR. You Import them into the LR Database file, the Catalog file.

If you Copied them off the memory card to the same folder that the tethered images were being stored in you still have to Import them into the LR catalog file. They aren't, won't be, automatically added to the catalog.

The above is what it sounds like you did, IE Copied the image to the same folder and expected them to Auto show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines