• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off Adobe scan cloud upload

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to turn off the automatic upload to cloud feature ? There should be.

Give users the freedom to choose if they want to upload the file or not. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Modify scanned documents , Save files , Share scanned document

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

@HAGEI776 

I did a bit of poking around and see that "Copy to Device" is new and will save to your device. You can also save as a jpeg, copy to DropBox, Set a PW, and more. Will any of these help?

janee_0-1690573298044.png

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Hi @HAGEI776,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Adobe Scan.

Concerning all the suggestions shared above, Adobe Scan is a cloud-based service, and you cannot use the application without it uploading the file to the cloud for OCR and storage.

This is in line with the fact that the application cannot access your files application to write files automatically unless you use the "Copy to device" option.

As a workaround, I suggest using the option "Copy to device," as sugge

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 166 Replies 166
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, the app doesn't provide an option to save the scanned documents offline alone.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-scan/new-adobe-scan-uploads-all-to-cloud/td-p/9531371

Files are automatically uploaded to their cloud. Instead, I tried Microsoft Lens and they don't even force us to sign in. I suggest you try Microsoft Lens. I've switched since a few documents were confidential and I didn't want Adobe Scan to upload them to their cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to control your customers data.  I want to save files on my PC. I don't want to email someone a link to a file I want to send the file itself 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been using Adobe Reader with Scan in iPhone 7 and love it.  The update to Adobe Scan now uploads all scans to your Cloud and no longer do they reside on the iphone.  I use these documents in the field when i am traveling, sometimes out of cell and wifi range and the documents are confidential, i am prohibited from storing on clouds by customer agreements.  How can i store the scans only on iPhone and turn off your cloud?  like the old version did?  please help thanks. i don't want to use another imitation pdf app.  I am also a Adobe Pro Customer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Customer,

Sorry to hear that our new workflow doesn't work for you. We will consider to implement to save the file in the offline later.
In the meantime, we have implemented a feature (Files Provider) that you can manage your files from the Could in your device.

You can copy your files into your iPad or iPhone if you need to manage from offline. But you need to upgrade your device to iOS 11.x.

1. Upgrade your device to iOS 11.x
2. Download our Adobe Scan App from App Store
3. You can scan your document from our Scan App.
4. Open Files Provider App in your device, the app image looks like a folder
5. Go to Locations/Browse/Adobe Scan
6. Select the file, and press a second , you will see content menu popped up

7. Select Copy

8. Go back to Locations/Browser/On My iPhone or iPad, and paste the file in your device.

Hopefully this will work for you.

Thanks

Adobe Mobile Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, what is we want to prevent adobe from uploading the PDF files created in Adobe scan to the adobe cloud - is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Having the same problem. DI you ever get an answer: is it possible to prevent scans going to adobe cloud and only have them on your iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derekc,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The documents that you scan using Adobe Scan will automatically save to Document Cloud. There is no option by default to change the location to save the files.

However, using the steps mentioned by Steven_Yen in reply 1, you can save the files on your device too.

This is an as designed behavior.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete all my files from Adobe cloud.. Why should my data be on any cloud? 

How do I do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete all my files from Adobe Cloud.. How do I do that? 

It's my personal data.. Why should it be on any cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same complaint. I found that I can use the “share” to copy to the local Adobe Reader on my iPad and since the upload the Adobe cloud seems to proceed very slowly, I hit the garbage can and it gets deleted. But this is certainly very kludgy, and the scan needs to be improved (or returned to the way it used to be). I’d rather go back to the way it used to be - why should I have to keep two apps on my iPad? One integrated app makes much more sense. I suspect they want to encourage us to fill up the Adobe cloud storage and then need to buy more storage and services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Customer,

Files Provider for Acrobat Reader will support soon.
Thanks for your  feedback.

You can save files from Scan App to other App (DropBox, Box) easily from Files Provider.

Thanks

Adobe Mobile Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear  christopherc28365650 I would recommend you to use Microsoft lens for better scanning up your documents. As that application provides an option "not to upload to cloud". So your confidential documents would be safe. Just do not sign in the OneDrive or your Microsoft account if prompted by the app. So I am using it to store documents after Camscanner got banned in India.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear I would recommend you use Microsoft lens for scanning up your documents. As that application provides an option "not to upload to cloud". So your confidential documents would be safe. Just do not sign in the OneDrive or your Microsoft account if prompted by the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have missed the point. It is unacceptable for you to upload private data to the cloud when it should by default be saved locally only. Also, it is unreasonably difficult to even find the files once they are manually saved locally! Jeez, good luck to anyone trying to send the pdf as an email attachment. If this is the cost of doing business with this app, then the cost it too high and I am deleting it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem automatic uploads should be stopped or it makes customers to buy the cloud subscriptions in future ...its the business strategy but will make customers to deviate to other ecosystem as well and moreover confidential agreements not respected...feature should be stopped or optional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That! I would like primary to be scanned doc saved locally. Only optional to cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed once I did the scans the app automatically, and without asking, uploaded the scans to Adobe Cloud. 1) that should not be on by default or at the least should ask on first attempt and 2) I poked around the app but could not readily find a way to either turn off auto uploads or make it prompt, I'll poke around some more. Otherwise, good and useful app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know how to cancel uploading the scanned documents to the cloud. I want to save on my mobile device only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There is no option to disbale the saving of scanned PDFs to document cloud and save them directly on the device. The files saves automatically to document cloud in the Adobe Scan application. This is an as designed behaviour.

If you wish, you may share this suggestion with the team using the followng form:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?YQWCX7

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, Adobe wants to look into our data and save them in their cloud. 

Along with that they want to consume our Mobile data and put us in trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also they think that we get Mobile data is for free, as if their CEO is sponsoring  it's users.

If they could sponsor us data, it is more welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Netguard and don't give the app internet access. Same for Lightroom and all the other apps. It's very disturbing that Adobe makes uploading mandatory. Totally unwanted, totally unneccesary. Especially for paid subscription holders. Things like this make me interested in alternatives from other companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  The app works so well.  But why would I want personal documents floating out there?  Ruins the purpose of being able to use the phone to scan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines