Without any detailed informations about your environment we can't say anything.
Which operating system do you use?
Which version of Lightroom and Photoshop do you use?
Which type of camera do you use?
What's the error message when PS or LR crashed?
Unfortunately it does not seem possible to delete and re-install ACR.
You can't uninstall ACR separately, because is a part of Photoshop and deeply included in Lightroom. If you would like to reinstall you have to deinstall and reinstall PS and LR completely.
Operating system is Windows 10
Versions of Lightroom and Photoshop are the most recently updated
Cameras used are Canon70D and Fujifilm XT20
No error message is given - except to say that the programme has crashed.
1 person found this helpful
I advise to do a complete reinstallation. This sounds drastic and it does take time and effort, but a clean installation can fix many problems.
For a clean reinstallation follow steps below:
- uninstall cc apps (including preferences) -> https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
- uninstall the cc desktop app -> https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
- clean your computer of cc files with the Adobe Cleaner Tool -> http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
- restart your computer (don't skip this!!)
- reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
- if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 in the linked document)
- use the desktop app to install your appropriate cc programs/trials
Thanks Axel. That looks to be worth a try!
3 people found this helpful
Before uninstalling, try to uncheck "use graphics processor" in both ACR and Lightroom Preferences.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the same problem arose. However, problem was solved by unchecking "use graphics processor" in both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic preferences. I cannot find an uncheck option in Lightroom CC though. Many thanks for the help!