4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2018 6:15 AM by john beardsworth

Suggestions for workflow please - for sharing images between team.

ZeeSaffa

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction please.

The situation is this...

Myself and my business partner photograph property. I do all of the post-processing / editing, etc in Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.

At the moment, he uploads his ARWs to a shared (cloud) location.

I then copy the RAWs to my laptop where I edit them before exporting the JPGs to a shared location.

Does Adobe provide a simpler solution that just involves us dumping all ARWs into a single shared location in the cloud?

If so, how would that affect me processing the RAWs if they are stored in the cloud?

Is Lightroom smart enough that it will do something to make sure the experience is still quite quick?

Any advise or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Suggestions for workflow please - for sharing images between team.
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi ZeeSaffa,

Lightroom CC is best option for your needs, I'd recommend you to the new cloud based editing application to sync your images across your devices and edit them on Lightroom CC, Classic CC and in Photoshop. Refer How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC for detailed information.

Your colleages will be able to use the application to access the images or you may share the images with them. See Share your photos | 

Thanks,

Akash

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Suggestions for workflow please - for sharing images between team.
            ZeeSaffa Level 1

Thank you Akash.

If I make use of the Adobe cloud storage for the RAW images - and then myself and my colleague edit them directly from there using Lightroom - are there noticeable performance considerations?

• 3. Re: Suggestions for workflow please - for sharing images between team.
              cmgap Adobe Community Professional

Hi Zee - have you tried working with synced collections in Lr Classic? Is there any reason that it doesn't work for you? Once you've imported the Raw files, made a collection and edited them if you create and sync that collection your partner can download from there.

• 4. Re: Suggestions for workflow please - for sharing images between team.
                john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

ZeeSaffa  wrote

Does Adobe provide a simpler solution that just involves us dumping all ARWs into a single shared location in the cloud?

I'm not sure it does. You've got to get them from A to B, and going through the cloud is an obvious route.

It sounds like you put the files into something like the disc space that comes with Adobe's Creative Cloud and works like Dropbox. Do both of you have access to the same Adobe CC account. That may not be practical, but it would enable this:

1. Business partner imports new files into one of the LRCC-branded apps by importing:
                  1. directly into LR mobile on a phone or tablet
                  2. or into the new LRCC app on Mac/PC - the so-called "Lightroom CC"
                  3. or dragging from Explorer/Finder and dropping into Online Photoshop Lightroom in your web browser
                2. This automatically syncs the originals up to Adobe's server
                3. You can then
                  1. edit the images in any of those three environments
                  2. open those files directly in Photoshop (it has a LRCC dialog)
                  3. at this point all his files are only in the cloud
                4. But even better is that the images can also sync down into your catalogue if you use Lightroom Classic
                  1. the master files / originals are now on your hard drive and your edits sync up to the cloud
                  2. you can see the edited results in the 3 mobile environments
                  3. those in the cloud are in original format
                5. At any point your colleague would be able to see the images
                  1. in one of the three other apps by logging in with the same Adobe CC account
                  2. or by you giving him access to a shared URL.

The key to this is if you both have access to the same Adobe account.

1 person found this helpful