• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

got malware/virus from installation

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing this as a courtesy, so I don't have time to give more details that you will find here. I tried to just notify adobe but they seem allergic to their own customers. I had to acquire a very old imac because I own the disc version of the CS suite that I paid $1400 for and I do not feel like paying a monthly fee now. I have been upgrading everything to the furthest point I can that still allows the suite to function. I ran into trouble when a website complained about the flash player. I couldn't install the most recent version as it won't work on this osx version. (details below) So, I searched adobe's site for previous versions and found a section where developers could obtain such things. I have double checked the link and it is a valid adobe link.

When I installed the old version of flash player it brought a friend along. It commandeered my browser and did the usual song and dance about the machine being infected and how i must do blah blah blah. Nah. I quit the browser and got back in but I simply will not log into anything until I can get this dealt with. I am currently using my pc laptop to log in here. This is no small deal... that imac is critical to the design aspect of my business. I cannot easily do a virus scan bc the osx version isn't supported anymore and I am having a hard time locating the upgrade to the next couple of OSX versions. So I can't just easily get rid of this and I am just really unimpressed that adobe isn't doing a better job of keeping these downloads clean.

Please do not tell me it couldn't have come from adobe because adobe is the only place it could have come from.

I am running osx 10.8.5 (until I can obtain a copy of 10.9 and 10.10)

Using chrome browser

the website was https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

The file downloaded was: fp_13.0.0.250_archive.zip

I installed the mac version contained within that

Now I can't use my imac to log into anything until I am certain that whatever this malware or virus is has been cleaned and I can't just run a virus checker etc. So thank you adobe for your bang up job of having trustworthy downloads

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines