• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat fails to view the full content of a pdf file, and end with non-responding error.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat fails to view the full content of a pdf file, and end with non-responding error.

I have a pdf file contains tables and images (orthophoto) of 423 pages, but unfortunately while trying to review it, the Adobe Acrobat fails to view the full content of a pdf file, and end with non-responding error, despite the fact that the size of the pdf is only 172 MB, taking into consideration that the file is optimized and this error is appeared when opening a pdf with images.

Clip_210.jpg

Clip_209.jpg

What might be the issue here? And how I can fix it?

Thanks

Best

Majdoleen

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Hi Majdoleen,

Thanks for sharing the file. I tried replicating the issue on my machine with Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10, but the issue is not reproducible. You may check if Acrobat is updated to the latest patch using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Also, try unchecking "Smooth line art" , "Smooth images. option under Edit > preference > Page Display and check if that helps.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Majdoleen,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat doesn't respond when viewing a pdf file, is that correct?

Does this happen with this specific pdf file or with other pdf files as well? Try opening other pdf files and check if this behavior continues.

Would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Shivam,

This is happened with most of the pdf files that contain orthophoto. Here is the link of the file: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you in advance

Best

Majdoleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Majdoleen,

Thanks for sharing the file. I tried replicating the issue on my machine with Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10, but the issue is not reproducible. You may check if Acrobat is updated to the latest patch using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Also, try unchecking "Smooth line art" , "Smooth images. option under Edit > preference > Page Display and check if that helps.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unchecking "Smooth line art" , "Smooth images. option under Edit > preference > Page Display silvwd my issue.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys for the input. I’m wondering how this could solve the issue!

Clip_423.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines