6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2018 12:35 AM by Dannes Z

Premiere Pro Keeps Crashing

Dannes Z Level 1

I started a film project over a year ago, and my hard drive with the project broke. I managed to have a technician recover the data, but now my film project is on a separate drive and a lot of problems are happening. I need to restart my computer every time I want to render. The app keeps crashing when I try to close it, so I always have to force quit. Additionally, when I try to save the project, it says that I am unable to and tells me to "check write permissions". So I always need to create a new file every time I save the project. It's possible that these problems are caused by the fact that these videos are all shot in 4K. I know a project like this requires a high RAM, but I use the 15-inch Macbook Pro with the touchbar, which I think should be good enough.

I'm not sure why Premiere Pro is doing all of these things, so I'm trying to provide as much information as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Here is some more information:

1. macOS Sierra version 10.12.6
      2. 12.1.2 (Build 69)
      3. Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
      4. MP4
      5. No error message when I try to render ((there is just no process shown and the process bar does not start to fill up). Error message when I try to save is: "Can't copy to file: (file location) Adobe Premiere Pro (file name). Please check write permissions.