• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 12.1.2 on macOS Keeps Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a film project over a year ago, and my hard drive with the project broke. I managed to have a technician recover the data, but now my film project is on a separate drive and a lot of problems are happening. I need to restart my computer every time I want to render. The app keeps crashing when I try to close it, so I always have to force quit. Additionally, when I try to save the project, it says that I am unable to and tells me to "check write permissions". So I always need to create a new file every time I save the project. It's possible that these problems are caused by the fact that these videos are all shot in 4K. I know a project like this requires a high RAM, but I use the 15-inch Macbook Pro with the touchbar, which I think should be good enough.

I'm not sure why Premiere Pro is doing all of these things, so I'm trying to provide as much information as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Here is some more information:

1. macOS Sierra version 10.12.6
  2. 12.1.2 (Build 69)
  3. Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
  4. MP4
  5. No error message when I try to render ((there is just no process shown and the process bar does not start to fill up). Error message when I try to save is: "Can't copy to file: (file location) Adobe Premiere Pro (file name). Please check write permissions.
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro, and that has somehow caused a change, allowing me to render. I will see if I can export with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import your sequence via the Media browser. See if this solves any of the issues you describe and then work from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but I only get to the stage where the project is being loaded; I cannot select the sequence to import.

A few seconds after I closed the import tab, Premiere Pro started crashing. I got the message: "Sorry, a serious problem has occurred that has required Premiere Pro to shut down."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and then manually copy and paste the sequences or the contents of the sequences from the old project to the new project.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice! I didn't end up using those instructions, since uninstalling and reinstalling the app seemed to do the trick. Miraculously, all my issues have disappeared, and I am more than elated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro, and that has somehow caused a change, allowing me to render. I will see if I can export with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines