• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello, I need to work on a version 7 of Framemaker in French.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me the download address? A big thank-you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the workflow after you work on it? In particular, does it need to go back to someone still working in FM7, for any future work?

FM7 is pre-Unicode, and the process of opening it in any later FM version results in changes that are not trivially reversed, even if you save as MIF (which is always required when handing work back to earlier versions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre aide, j'ai pu télécharger la version du programme dont j'avais besoin mais il n'y avait que des mises à jour pour la version 7, j'ai donc récupéré la version 8 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: Thank you for your help, I was able to download the version of the program I needed but there were only updates for version 7, so I got version 8!

FM8 should be able to save-as (binary) to either version7 or version 8, in addition to being able to save as MIF 8 or MIF 7. However, FM8 supports Unicode, and may well be making changes upon opening an FM7 document; changes not trivially portable back to FM7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines