• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings for A4 colour web brochure

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I'm just beginning working with Indesign. I have some limited experience in Photoshop but this is a new outing.

So to create two outcomes for a 4 page A4 colour brochure for clients - A downloadable web version .pdf for our company website and a backup email version for clients, any advice for me with initial settings for my first document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By 4 pg brochure, do you mean that 1 A4 sheet printed 2 sides gives you 4 A5 pages? If so, I'd set it up as a 4 pg A5 document (facing pages). When exporting to PDF, make it facing pages.

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 4.26.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's four A4 pages - so two A4 sheets printed front and back - if it were ever printed - which is unlikely. I want to be able to create a good size .pdf for website download and email without having to export it to Acrobat Pro, which I don't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd set up an A4 four page document as below, margins, your choice (I would set it up so it could be printed as well as digitally in case your customer changes their mind, they often do!).

If you want  a PDF for email for distribution via email and downloadable from a website rather than printing, you can export it as High Quality Print PDF (single pages) and then in open it in Acrobat Pro and Save it as a Reduced size PDF. (I find the quality of the Smallest File Size preset is fine for proof-reading but poor for image quality.)

A4-4pp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Derek. I'm not looking to use Acrobat as well. What's the best way in your experience to create just the settings for website download and email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines