• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Memory in Premiere Pro 2018 - Please Help

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginning two days ago, while using Premiere Pro 2018 on my iMac, I suddenly received a pop-up asking me to Force Quit Applications, as "your system has run out of application memory." The only application I have open is Premiere, and both times I have had to force quit and lose changes to my project. There is no issue with space on my internal hard drive, and I have 16GB of memory on my computer. Looking through these forums, I found others have had similar issues, and that someone solved this by disabling CC Sync Settings by unchecking everything in Sync Settings (which I did, along with moving the 12.0 folder), but Premiere is still using a huge amount of memory. My project is large (35 MB) and contains a good deal of media, but it has never acted like this before.

I've watched in Activity Monitor while playing one of my Premiere sequences, and Premiere alone rises and ends up using more than 14 GB of memory, which seems unnaturally high. I'm assuming this is causing the "Your System has run out of application memory" message, and I'm wondering what I can do to fix it. Does anyone have any advice?

Additionally, I read on one board that Premiere knows about a memory issue with Premiere Pro projects in 12.1.1, and that there's a fix for this in a upcoming release - that post was written in June. When is the upcoming release, out of curiosity?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem using version 12.0.1. If this is a version issue, I've heard upgrading your Premiere software in the midst of an ongoing project (which mine is) is dangerous. I'd like to find a solution that doesn't involve upgrading to the latest version of Premiere. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an old belief that it is, to work continuously with different projects without having the precaution of cleaning when the project concludes it has less memory to the program, it was said that Premiere in the boot loads a lot of cache elements.

Go to: Edit> Preferences> Media Cache  and press Delete Unused

Comment if this solved your problem ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JMK,

Did Juanmario's advice assist you? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines