• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mp4 file loading as audio only

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dragging and dropping 4 video files that I created on a Panasonic 4k 60p camcorder. 3 of the files load correctly and one loads as an audio file only though the extent in Premiere is still .mp4.

Where did the video section go?

It plays fine in VLC player with both video and audio.

I have tried emptying the cache thinking it might have been corrupted and that has not worked I have started a totally new project and that has not worked either.

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were they all recorded with the same settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try navigating to the file in Media Browser (next to the project panel.) Right click and import to see if you have better luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

close Premiere and proceed to delete the cache folders.

Start Premiere and re-import the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey juanmario,

Are you finding that your suggestion is fixing this issue? Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin.

I think that when it only imports audio in 4K files or larger, with h264 nature, the above mentioned method solves them, especially when Premiere does not give any error.

I am convinced that the importermpeg may have problems with the Intel controller, which motivates him to expose various faults, including not being able to import the video from an MP4.

With the few files that I have been able to test, deactivating the Intel decoding solved the problem.

In other cases you have to re-encapsulate to change the profile, as with the YI 4K camera.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2529348

And in others, like the GH5, mov, you have to convert.

, Sorry to extend myself in the answer, but this started out of necessity, to solve my possible problems, but it became hobby,  and it's something that I love to know.

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines