• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easily transport applied effects onto multiple bars in a bar chart

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bar in an animated bar chart that is animated by a slider control that increases the scale from 0 to 100 and I also have a circle and text inside the circle that is attached to the top edge of the bar and the text inside goes from 0 to 100 as the bar increases in value from the slider control so I wanted to know how I could easily transport this effect onto other bars and circles and text that are already imported into After effects from Photoshop?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

If the circles and bars were shape layers I already gave you an animation preset that would create both on a single layer.

If you have hundreds of these things to do there are a bunch of scripts that will generate all kinds of charts directly from data files. I'd look here. Infographics Toolkit

You should be able to customize the animations and then create them by just loading in spreadsheet data. It's going to be well worth the investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use expression to link properties. Let's say you want to show a number and have a bar raise to a certain height, you can link the source text (number) to the bar vertical scale. You can even link to properties in other comps.

Check this out:

how to reference another comp : Adobe After Effects Expressions

Hope this helps,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry I don't actually understand. I don't want the bar to raise to the same height. I basically have 7 bars of a bar chart imported into ae from photoshop and 7 circles too and the circles are basically attached to the top of each bar which is controlled by a sldier control that adjusts the scale. What I want to do is basically have it so if I have one of the bars with the effect and the circle attached to it I want to easily animate another bar and circle to have that same effect. I've attached some screenshots:

2018-09-18 (4).jpg

2018-09-18 (3).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just copy the expressions using the Edit>Copy Expression menu then paste them to the new layers. One property at a time. You'll have to change the values. You could also save an animation preset like the one I sent you on another thread on the same subject.

You could also just duplicate the layer in the timeline then hold down the Alt/Option key and drag a new layer to the timeline to replace the selected duplicate.

This is really basic stuff. You should spend some time on the basics so you don't have to jump to the forums every time you want to do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Edit and copy expression would be a way to do it but I've got to create 100s of graphs and I don't want to be copying every expression individually into each of the bars. If I create an animation preset, would that not mean I'd need 3 animation presets (1 for the text, 1 for the circle and one for the bar) and then need to add them all individually to each bar? I was wondering if there was something that with a couple of clicks or an expression I could easily transpose onto each of the bars and circles and text.

I didn't quite understand what you meant by dragging a new layer to the timeline and using the alt key to drag and a replace it with a new layer - what would that mean in the context of my graph?

And I have been trying to do almost everything else by myself and don't jump to the forum unless I've spent a couple of hours on a problem that I can't fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the circles and bars were shape layers I already gave you an animation preset that would create both on a single layer.

If you have hundreds of these things to do there are a bunch of scripts that will generate all kinds of charts directly from data files. I'd look here. Infographics Toolkit

You should be able to customize the animations and then create them by just loading in spreadsheet data. It's going to be well worth the investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines