• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2018 - Loading a .car file

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to deploy a CF 11 .car file on CF 18.

In the admin, I can browse to the .car file, select it, and click deploy.  The screen refreshes but none of the data sources get added? Does CF 18 allow CF 11 .car files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should allow those. Are the other things happening? The CAR deployment UI has always been kind of clunky, and sometimes the buttons you need to push are not that intuitive - at least, for me.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ColdFusion 2018 supports CAR package deployment. Did you select the Data source while creating the CAR package?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brendan,  I would check the CF11 CAR file.  I was able to import mine into a test CF2018 with some issues but the DataSources did come over.  Might be something not selected within the CF11 CAR export from its CFAdmin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what others have said, look at the migration logs in the CF2018 instance's logs folder. There will be two of them. Perhaps they will explain what is amiss. If there are none, then the migration is not happening, and in that case look at the other CF logs at that time to see if there's any explanation.

BTW, it sounds like you are getting the first popup (to select the file), so perhaps this is not an issue, but in many browsers popups are blocked, and you need to choose an icon in the top right to tell it to allow them for the site in which you are loading the CF admin. that often stumps people using the CAR feature, as it does rely on popup windows.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!  I had same issue and did not notice that a pop-up was being blocked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation