• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos Rejected for Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why this image was rejected? Image size, file size, ppi, no watermark and it was not upsampled.

DSCN1435_Sunset.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Hello, I think noise/artifacts could be an actual issue. I can't really find any 'Technical Issues'. White balance, contrast, and saturation for me are ok.

However, I do notice some noise issues - especially in the cloudy sky area. There are some signs of chroma noise which are coloured specks and noise in the sea area. So, this could also be an issue for being rejected.

Notice the slight 'grainy' appearance the sky has.

DSCN1435_Sunset_noise.jpg

Another thing to bear in mind is that there are a lot of these types of photos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gmctee,

Well, this is a very bright sunset!. The sky needs some intensity reduction. It is the case of a too much of a good thing.

See if you can bring the color down to better match the foreground and maybe lighten the foreground. Any extreme is not good. Try to reduce the highlight white areas. I know the sky was probably this bright but the buyer can adjust it as needed. If you have photoshop the curve listed under adjustments should work for you. Kind regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think noise/artifacts could be an actual issue. I can't really find any 'Technical Issues'. White balance, contrast, and saturation for me are ok.

However, I do notice some noise issues - especially in the cloudy sky area. There are some signs of chroma noise which are coloured specks and noise in the sea area. So, this could also be an issue for being rejected.

Notice the slight 'grainy' appearance the sky has.

DSCN1435_Sunset_noise.jpg

Another thing to bear in mind is that there are a lot of these types of photos in Adobe's database, so it also may be rejected with similar images already submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

besides the grainyness, there are also quite dark areas in the picture, that would need some lightening up.

67EA5B72-52C1-41E3-909F-1CD6489989AC.jpeg

Also there may be some hotspots in the lighter area.

Similar images is only used against your portfolio. But as there are tons of flower, sunset and sunrise and similar images, the quality level is very high to pass them on. But that is the « commercial apeal » reason.

Technical issues means you can measure the faults, like what Ricky showed or what I looked at.

To speculate: moderators have tools at their side giving them « accurate » indications on technical faults: grain, histogram, levels etc. That will be mathematical appreciations before anything else.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I will see if this helps when I resubmit. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to see if I can reduce the grainyness (noise) with the photo. I hope that is the issue. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve flipped through my pictures quickly and I’ve seen some pictures with a dark foreground and they passed. So I suppose it would be wise to work first Ricky’s recommendation and then try to resubmit. Be careful with noise reduction. That can be easily overdone.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abambo

I believe your first analysis is correct. Do remember that there is still in progress the review of inherited images that are currently on the website, some for removal. I believe the technical issue has to do with the dark areas you highlighted. The image seem to depict sunset, with so much of the sun visible, and no light on the sea; the water is black, yet the sky is so saturated. There should be some reflection of light rays on the water. Also that large area of dead black in the forefront will not be accepted.

It would appear correct camera setting was not applied.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines