• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC cloud storage getting full - this tip for Lightroom users

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC account showed that my cloud storage component was nearly used up and I kept getting links to buy more. While you may want to buy more, as a solution, I have enough inexpensive storage in my office that I didn't need to use that approach.

The FAQs suggest this approach:

Browse, search, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Sadly, your CC Lightroom files are not to be found using this method as CC Lightroom does not store them here:

Adobe Creative Cloud

The only viable solution I found is using the website (use your CC credentials to access):

lightroom.adobe.com

These files get here via CC but CC does not group them under the assets.adobe.com/files URL.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to work locally with your own office storage, you should change to Lightroom Classic.

Lightroom CC is cloud based and will need cloud space.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of what you said is disputed. Rather it was to point out a flaw in the UI for CC that the LR CC images are not referenced in the CC assets leading to a diminished UX. Using LR CC or LR Classic should be up to the individual user's requirements rather than as a work around (per your post).

My post was submitted to address the needs of pro photographers, who use the LR products as part of their workflow and who later archive their images offline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think Lightroom CC should be regarded as long-term storage and backup for archiving old files. At least that's my opinion. Lightroom CC is a vehicle for those who want their images available right now on all devices, editable and shareable and usable from any of those devices. That seems to be the main thrust and benefit from using Lightroom CC and the mobile Lightroom products, not long-term archiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines