I have an issue with a specific project. The project worked fine for weeks and one day all of a sudden playback froze on a frame when I modified anything with the audio (move audio clips, change volume, etc.) I can change non-audio clips fine, but anytime I change an audio clip even a little bit, the timeline playback freezes on a frame (or goes black).
Additionally, if I click on footage in my media browser, the clip briefly goes to the source monitor and the entire project crashes.
Some things I've tried to solve this issue:
Note: All other projects in my premiere work fine, but this project does happen to be the largest project I've worked on.
Additionally, I updated my version of premiere and uninstalled/reinstalled (no changes). Other projects work fine, but not the one with playback issues.
Sorry for the trouble. As it is a project specific issue, just for a test, create a new project, import old project file into the new project and check the performance.