• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages disappearing as well as some content.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 208 page document where about 1/3 of the pages are no longer registering as pages. The content is there. They are listed in the page window with the appropriate master applied. But the background is gray and the page numbering shows them as PB, or pasteboard. They will only export as a blank page. Screen shot attached.

On another 1/3 of the document, the content is not appearing. The text and photo boxes are still there, but they do not display. They also do not export. When I copy a page not showing correctly to a new document, the text does display, but the images do not. Screen shots of that are also attached.

I have just reinstalled the latest version of InDesign, and am running it on a mac with High Sierra OS, version 10.13.6

Missing_Page.jpeg

Missing text and images.jpeg

Copied and pasted.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

try the following:

Export the document to IDML format.

Open the IDML file with InDesign, this could take a while and save under a new name.

Inspect the new document extensively. Also check formatting of text.

Hope that helps.

Regards.
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.

Had mixed success. The grayed out pages were corrected. The missing elements (Placed images) did not come back. And, there were some text formatting issues. One odd thing was the page numbers moved off the pages.

I wound up recreating the entire book in a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. Would you mind sharing a sample file? I will try to check this at my end.

If not, please upload it to Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share the direct download link. If the file has confidential content or if you want to share it here, please DM.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines