Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME Update Crashing Mac / Run Out of Memory

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I usually set a large batch of renders before I leave work at night, but every morning for the last week I've been coming in to my computer having crashed part way through the render queue and being completely turned off. It booted up fine, I read the crash reports, and ran several tests showing no consistency in duration before crash or preset use; based on another thread I reverted to the last version of AME (12.1.1 Build 12) yesterday.

My machine did not crash last night but it locked up all other applications as well as AME due to lack of memory; freezing the queue after about 7 of 52 renders. Based on several other threads it appears that it is not terminating old PProHeadless processes which eats all of the ram - I'm not sure whether or not this is the culprit, it does look that way (I'm including a screen shot showing the PProHeadless processes on Activity Monitor).

It is worth noting: I am able to render when I am active on the computer (ie: actually at my desk). I have checked the computer sleep settings and set it so the display never turns off, just the screen saver kicks in. I have no idea why this would make a difference.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 6.29.32 AM.png

Has any one else experienced this? Any suggestions on a work-around or resolution?

Thank you!

Computer Specs

Mac Pro: (Late 2013)

Processor: 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory: 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?