Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop submit button shortcut "enter" issue

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Using captivate 2019, I've created a drag and drop interaction and everything is working normally except for the shortcut function. In the past, I have moved the submit button off screen and enabled the shortcut to go to next slide upon "enter". However, as soon as I click off of the button after changing the shortcut key, Captivate removes this shortcut. I tried other shortcut options (numbers and letters) and the shortcut remains. It seems as though "enter" is the only shortcut that Captivate will not accept.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

I did read your question yesterday. I have never used a shortcut key for an 'embedded' button, because they are really different from the normal button/click boxes. What I mean by 'embedded' is that they do not have an individual timeline, they have embedded functionality and appear in certain circumstances. Examples: all the buttons on quiz slides, on the score slide, the Submit button for a D&D slide and for a TEB. I know that you can select that button, and the normal options for the button a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I ended up just having to have a continue button visible and clickable. Not great but it is what it is. Feel free to drop a response if you are able to use a short cut key as "enter". Maybe it's just my captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read your question yesterday. I have never used a shortcut key for an 'embedded' button, because they are really different from the normal button/click boxes. What I mean by 'embedded' is that they do not have an individual timeline, they have embedded functionality and appear in certain circumstances. Examples: all the buttons on quiz slides, on the score slide, the Submit button for a D&D slide and for a TEB. I know that you can select that button, and the normal options for the button appear, like the shortcut key, but I have never seen this to be functional. Did the shortcut key ever work for such a button, not for me: none of the shortcut keys I enter will be functional, although you seem to tell that only Enter will not work? I don't hink at all that it is 'your' Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of what I mean, although I understand what you are saying about the 'embedded' button. Below, I have the embedded submit button to continue by clicking 'm'. I tested this and it works just fine. But when I have the shortcut set to 'enter', captivate immediately disables the shortcut as soon as I click off of the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never answer without double-checking. I have tried several keys as shortcut keys for this Submit button and none of them worked.  Used CP2019 since you are on the same version. That made me wonder if this limitation is linked with the fact that it is an embedded object. How did you test? I didn't publish, only checked with Preview HTML in Browser in a non-responsive project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally tested using 'preview next 5 slides'. I knew better than to trust that test but I guess I had a moment of confusion. My mistake. Again, thanks for helping me along!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preview Next 5 slides in a non-responsive project is using a temporary SWF output. If you mean to publish to HTML never use that as a test preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch my last comment about "it works just fine". It works just fine *when I preview the course within captivate. The Scorm Cloud preview defaulted to a clickable button even though the button properties suggested otherwise. Thanks Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources