Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Indesign not packaging linked files from CC Library / Adobe Stock

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issues. I can't keep creating new files for bugs on Adobe's end. Libraries are meant to resolve issues for us, not create more. My libraries work perfectly well, the files are perfectly linked when opened, once I package them I get no errors, but when I open them after packaging the linked files go missing, causing an enormous burden since I have to go link them manually. This shouldn't be happening and I shouldn't have to create new files. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. In this case, I would suggest you to please contact our chat support team for live troubleshooting.

Here is the link: https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f09a02-3841-4249-b701-14276522cf0e

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alina,

Sorry about this frustrating experience. As per your query, when you create a package from InDesign and the next time you open the file from InDesign Packaged folder, you have to relink the files again? If so, could you please confirm if you see "Instructions" text file and linked files in "Links" folder inside the InDesign packaged folder or not?

InDesign Package folder should have these things in it:

indesign package folder.png

indesign package folder links.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when you collect for output, do you have the box checked:

Update Graphic Links in Package

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 12.41.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it, I had never even paid attention, it's the bottom of the saving panel. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I see all those files when I package. I am curious to know where to access the checklist @Dave mentions, maybe I don't have that box checked? I don't see this immediately on my Indesign.

thanks for your help.

Alina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Indesign are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have CC Libraries, then you have a version of InDesign that can update the Graphic Links in Package. After you choose File > Package and are presented with the summary window, click OK. This will take you to a second window where there should be an option at the bottom to Update the Graphic Links in Package. One issue that I've recently encountered is that if you have CC Library objects placed on the Pasteboard, they are not included in the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, I am on Creative Cloud and I do have that checked, I still open files and links seem missing, I have to manually link them every single time which is super time consuming, I have a lot of links. The links are saved fine on the Links folder, what I don't want to have to do is to manually link them. The difference of using CC libraries and a regular folder on your drive, is that when you ALT click the links and go find missing links it automatically detect any other missing files, you can't do that when linked to CC links so its not convenient.

Some photos

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.08.10 AM.png

Opened the packaged file, this is my links panel.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.09.02 AM.png

Went ahead and re-saved the file and packaged it linking it to the original Links folder, NO MISSING files.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.09.28 AM.png

Update Links in Package is checked.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 10.22.26 AM.png

Re opened the file again, same issue, I linked manually 2 of my links (see cloud icon to the right) but I have no way to manually go and relink all.

I just don't have the time or patience to do this. Please explain so I can make the best of this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. In this case, I would suggest you to please contact our chat support team for live troubleshooting.

Here is the link: https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f09a02-3841-4249-b701-14276522cf0e

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines