• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PDF to postscript and unknown charsets

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two PDF files and export it to postscript (print it)

in first example:

CKEBRN+HelveticaNeue-Light*1 [8.63201 0 0 -8.63201 0 0 ]msf

255.859 257.888 mo

(adres_miejscowosc)sh

in second example:

CKEBRR+Helvetica#2045#20Light [8.63201 0 0 -8.63201 0 0 ]msf

255.859 257.888 mo

(\000C\000F\000T\000G\000U\000A\000O\000K\000G\000L\000U\000E\000Q\000Y\000Q\000U\000E)sh

next step I try convert it to PDF by ghostscript in first example everythig is OK but in second I receved unknown charsets in PDF file.

Where is a problem I have wrong poscript file or I need some fonts in client (postscript) or server (ghostscript) or somethig else?

/usr/bin/gs -V

GPL Ghostscript 9.07 (2013-02-14)

I m using cups-pdf with default option to generate PDF

/usr/bin/gs -q -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="/var/spool/cups-pdf/ANONYMOUS/potw-job_485.pdf" -dAutoRotatePages=/PageByPage -dAutoFilterColorImages=false -dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -c .setpdfwrite -f /var/spool/cups-pdf/SPOOL/cups2pdf-4482

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain your statement in detail " receved unknown charsets in PDF file." What reports this, what is the exact text of the report, why is it a problem, why do you expect it to work? What you are doing is officially disapproved of, called "refrying". Its only job is to maintain appearance, nothing else at all. Does it maintain appearance on screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your answer of course it's my mistake.

In second PDF after preprocesing (PDF->PS->PDF) I have proper view, but when I want copy text from this PDF file to notepad I receve unknow characters. Below fonts properties for original second PDF file

second_PDF_fonts_properties.PNG

From first after preprocessing (PDF->PS->PDF) I can copy text from this PDF file to notepad. Below fonts properties for original first PDF file

first_PDF_fonts_properties.PNG

Do you know what I should do to correct preprocessing second PDF.

I should add some fonts on client site (when I print file)?

I should add some fonts on server site (when I create PDF from PS fil by ghostscript)?

I should use some extra parameter during print file?

I should use some extra parameter for ghostscript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is working correctly. It is not the job of PS generation to keep copyable text. Your workflow has a fundamental error. Why do you do this? There is surely another way to reach your aim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the simple process

1. User received PDF file from some program,

2. User print it (generate ps file which is send to me by virtual printer CUPS)

3. I have to use information from this PDF file (once again create PDF by ghostscript)

I can't change first and second step. The proces must be the simplest.

I can't change input program like add curl to send orginal PDF by HTTPS

I cant't install any new soft.

For user it must be only one step: print file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then this will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but do You know what's is the different between first and second pdf why first is correct after preprocessing (PDF->PS->PDF) and second no ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many possible causes: here is one. It looks as if the font charset is not the common Windows character set. In such cases a PDF file can have a ToUnicode map. This map turns the nonstandard text encoding into readable text. ToUncode maps do not affect the appearance of the page and do not exist in PostScript. So they are lost when you make PS, and so is the chance to copy text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines