Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader XI - Sign document by certyficate is not acive

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have problem with signing documents using my certyfiace ( electronic sign ) on usb ( it's from KIR - Poland Organization ). Have two computers, on one it's working, option for signing documents by certyfiace is active on other it's not.

Do you have any idea why ? I've tryied to reinstall Adobe, downgrade from DC to XI and upgrade it again.

I've deinstalled and clean up all places and insall it again, changed user privilidges, reintalled cert drivers and nothing. Option in Adobe is still grey, can't use it.

And ideas ?

Regards

Lukasz Brzozowski

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Hi.

I've solved this problem. The clue was that my Adobe Reader was in Polish version. When I've installed Adobe Reader in En language, version 11.0.10, then all certyficate sign has appear. Same version of Adobe but in Polish version hasn't certyficate singing, so here was problem.

I left enghlis version of Adobe and all is working as should. Interesting is that when I try to install MUI version of Adobe and choose Polish, singing option was hashed, but frorm same installer I choose En version, t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are unable to sign a pdf using your certificate ( store on a flash drive ) in Adobe Reader XI, is that correct?

Could let us know dot version of Reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Does this happen with this specific pdf file only? Have you tried signing other pdf files in Reader?

Also, the pdf file needs to be reader-enabled as the following thread discusses:

Unable to sign documents with certificate (Sign and Send PDFs)

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

System version is Windows 10 - 1803 ( Pro version ).

Adobe version is 11.0.23

I've try to sign on other PDF's documens, no matter if it's sign-in enable or no. I've try to do all what finde in instructions from your site ( Adobe site ) about signing documents using certyfiacets, but it won't worked.

Service help from KIR said that they wouldn't help me with this problem because their program is working ( it's working, I may sign documents by cert using Szafir program, but not using Adobe ) and they don't support Adobe's programs.

So I'm in black hole.

Somehow it works on another computer, don't know how and why. The same sys version, same pendrive with cert, same Adobe version....

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz, 

Thanks for the info. Could you try adding the certificate from the pen drive to Adobe Reader using Edit > preferences > signatures > identities & trusted certificates > more > Add id > my existing digital ID from a file. Once added, try signing the pdf and check if it works.

Also, try adding a self-signed digital ID in Reader using the steps given in the following help document and try signing the pdf using that certificate and check if that works.

Digital IDs in Acrobat

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've solved this problem. The clue was that my Adobe Reader was in Polish version. When I've installed Adobe Reader in En language, version 11.0.10, then all certyficate sign has appear. Same version of Adobe but in Polish version hasn't certyficate singing, so here was problem.

I left enghlis version of Adobe and all is working as should. Interesting is that when I try to install MUI version of Adobe and choose Polish, singing option was hashed, but frorm same installer I choose En version, then option was back....

Thanks to all of you for help.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ukaszb,

Thank you for sharing the fix which will help other users facing a similar issue.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines