Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to save or export using the sample values

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 16 bit depth mono audio file:

I set the sample value on the Y-axis and would like to record 16 bits raw data or integer sample values to keep the original values:

because saving normalized values can imply conversion errors outside Adobe Audition (multiplying by 2^15 the saved normalized values generates non integer values..)

Thanks in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure what you are asking in your question. If you import a .wav file into Audition and do any work on it like altering levels or EQ then there will always be non 16 bit integer value generated. That is why all audio files and opened as and working on as native 32 bit float bit depths. Hence all audio info is kept intact without be truncated to 16 bit. You can always select 16 bit integer to Save As or Export to in Audition but you would be losing low level audio unless you dither the resulting bit reduction on saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I meant: I recorded audio channels from I2S interface, each channel is encoded on a defined number of bits (16 in my case) and sample values correspond to signed integers.

Then, observing the corresponding (.wav for example) files with Adobe Audition, I can set the Y-axis "sample values" option to observe the integer values of my signal.

Now I would like to save/export those integer values in a text format in another file. I didn't find an option to do it. The current result I get is to save the signal value in a normalized format.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines