Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Terminalserver - Language Selection

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we are trying to install Acrobat Pro via Adobe Customization Wizard on a Terminalserver environment. Installation works fine, however we have some users which use the German language pack, and others using English. I'm trying to achieve Acrobat to ask users, for the first time they start the client, which language they would prefer. Currently it always selects German as default, since this is our system language.

Is there any solution for this via Customization Wizard or registry, to force Acrobat displaying the language selection popup?

I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Morris

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

I finally found a working solution. First I was using a script (RegUpdateAllUsers/RegUpdateAllHkcuHkcr at master · micksmix/RegUpdateAllUsers · GitHub) which iterates trough all users available on a machine. In my case I have edited the script, so it creates the key mentioned in my previous post for every users hkey_current_user entry. As a result of this, the language popup appears for every >existing< user.

Sadly I have encountered problems concerning my logon script. It works perfectly on Wind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to the correct community Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want users to select the language for Acrobat DC upon launch, is that correct?

You may check the language selection option upon Acrobat's launch by pressing Ctrl when launching Acrobat, This will asks users to select the language for Acrobat. Refer to this forum thread for more info: How to change application language in Acrobat Pro DC?

You may also check language option under Acrobat's preferences by clicking Edit > Preferences > Language > Application language > choose at application startup.

You can also check the customization wizard's installation option here: Language Support and Configuration — Enterprise Administration Guide

Preference Reference for Acrobat and Adobe Reader

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

thank you for your response. I already knew the trick concerning pressing Crtl, when launching Acrobat. However this does not solve my problem, since I cannot expect users to know about this option.

Same is true concerning the preferences settings. English users of course won't be able to change the language since they cannot read a german menu structure.

Sadly I can also not find a proper solution within the customization wizard. I wonder why there is no option like "let user select language at first startup".

I have tried to come across this issue and created a script which will be executed only the first time a user logs on to the terminal server (no local profile available on the machine). It creates a registy key called "select" under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2017\Language". This item obviously forces Acrobat to ask which language to select. After selecting a language, the entry will disappear (which is the reason, why the script runs only once). This solves my issue for new users. Nevertheless it's still a problem for existing once, since i would need to update all "Current_User" keys on the machine.

Kind regards,

Morris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found a working solution. First I was using a script (RegUpdateAllUsers/RegUpdateAllHkcuHkcr at master · micksmix/RegUpdateAllUsers · GitHub) which iterates trough all users available on a machine. In my case I have edited the script, so it creates the key mentioned in my previous post for every users hkey_current_user entry. As a result of this, the language popup appears for every >existing< user.

Sadly I have encountered problems concerning my logon script. It works perfectly on Windows 7 Machines, but not on a terminal server. I have bypassed the problem by editing the NTUSER.DAT (regedit --> load hive) of the default user, and manually added the key. Thus the key is created as soon as a new user logs on for the first time.

Since the key is automatically deleted after the popup was answered, the user want be asked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines