• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji XT-3 RAW files

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Lightroom Classic recognize Fuji XT-3 RAW files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Possibly in the next release which I am estimating will be in 4-6 weeks. That is about as close an estimate as you will get. Adobe doesn't make announcements of releases in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly in the next release which I am estimating will be in 4-6 weeks. That is about as close an estimate as you will get. Adobe doesn't make announcements of releases in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phase one  - its live now - so for XT 3 users that shoot in Raw I'd guess that this is now an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Re: Fuji X-T3 RAW support :

LR releases about every 8 weeks.  LR 7.5 came out 8/22, so we'd expect to see LR 7.6 around 10/17. Raw support for new Fuji models appears in the next LR release following the announcement about 75% of the time.  The Fuji X-T3 was announced 9/6, so there's a good chance it will be supported in LR 7.6: Re: Timing of Lightroom releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Fuji specific Capture One version is available for free and its raw conversions of Fuji files from the X-T3 are fantastic.  I know almost every little nook and cranny of LR but am just a neophyte with Capture One, but I have been able to use it to great effect while waiting for Adobe to get its act together, which given the number of new cameras which dumped in the last month is probably a huge challenge for them.  If the Adobe raw conversions are not as good I might just switch to Capture One.  I love LR's file importing and organization, and it is a powerful editor such that I rarely need Photoshop, and also I am now hooked on LR mobile, but man these X-T3 files from Capture One are really something to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree...as you mention above, I also know Lightroom  like the back of my hand, and purchased the new XT3.

Forced to use Capture One Pro 11

30 day trial.

I managed to learn and get up to speed with a good work flow in less than a week.

As a RAW processor it’s a great program and quite addictive Using a new program to edit with.

There are some quirks to it as I’m sure your aware of, but the RAW files are stunning Straight from import.

Lightroom has come a long way regarding X-Trans files though.

Today I’ve spent time replicating processed  XT2 files from Capture One to Lightroom. A little more work in Lightroom is required to get where C1 gets you but once there you can save as a preset and batch edit or sync.

There is the tiniest of difference if you zoom in and look hard but the difference is negligible.

I can’t shift my LR catologue with all my edits to C1 as I’ll lose over 200,000 edits.

So although I love C1 I guess I’m stuck with LR.

I was contemplating running both but that’s gonna get messy. Looking forward to see what LR brings to the table when they eventually realease support for the XT3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone is interested, the DNG converter has been updated to support this Fuji model. Until Lightroom is updated, you could convert the RAF files to DNG and use them in the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that JimHess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 8.0.

This update includes the support for Fuji X-T3 camera in this latest release.

See what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 8.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure this is the case, i just imported 2 raw files from a X-T3 and no lens correction is applied, neither automatically nor manually. I am using LR 8, Camera Raw 11 and latest firmware on my X-T3 (i think its the 1.02)

edit edit edit

the reason i could not see the "build in lens profile applied" is because i used an SD card from my X100s. I received X-T3 yesterday and with all the excitement i forgot to format the SD card. After formatting and taking two fresh images, they were recognized in LR (only after viewing them at 100% but thats ok).

i just post in case other users make the same mistake.

just one question: On the supported lenses under fujifilm i see no X-t3 or Fujinon XF 18-55m. Is this because the profile applies automatically and you dont mention it there?

Supported lenses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Fujifilm X cameras and the lenses, lens corrections are in camera. Adobe in conjunction with Fuji, passes those corrections on in LR, so you see "Built-in Lens profile applied"

If you run roughshod over that  and try to force a lens profile, those you see are not for the X Glass.

This is not going to change. The only change that has occurred in LR thru some previous versions, is accidentally clicking on Enable  Profile Corrections does nothing (used to undo the in camera, but not apply automatic anything)

This is not unique to Fujifilm X, Other.. typically mirror-less, cameras are doing this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, having issued new versions of LR, ACR, and DNG converter, with X-T3 support, When can we see new versions of LR, ACR, and DNG converter that work?

I assume you know the second we get anywhere near correcting WB to anything other than As Shot, the image goes south. Not a fan of overcast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom on my Mac at home is converting XT-3 RAW files just fine. But Lightroom on PC at the office is failing. Preview thumbnail in import is "unavailable" and, when attempted anyway, "The file cannot be opened by Lightroom. (1)" Camera firmware and LR version are both current. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidl55803270  wrote

Lightroom on my Mac at home is converting XT-3 RAW files just fine. But Lightroom on PC at the office is failing. Preview thumbnail in import is "unavailable" and, when attempted anyway, "The file cannot be opened by Lightroom. (1)" Camera firmware and LR version are both current. Any clues?

“LR version are both current”

I suspect that is not correct. Many members make statements like “I have the latest”, “no updates shown”, and “I have the current”

If both your MAC and your PC have the same version of Lightroom, then they should treat the RAF File the same. Oh, your view in OS dependant image viewere will May different, but not in LightRoom. Currently Adobe publishes Lightroom updates for both OS at the same time.

Well, at least one variable on that, your GPU and how Lightroom is using it. I am not talking about in preferences, using the GPU or not, but using Metal in MAC OS, DirectX in Windows, and not OpenGL.

And of course, display issues.

Ok, after backing out quite a bit on my statement questioning versions, please accomplish this on both rigs.

In LR, click on Help, click on System Information

compare versions.

and while you are at it note the section on GPU

this as an aid:Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, David G. I had assumed, since I ran the Adobe update and the Adobe desktop interface told me my software was up to date on both computers, that both were running the latest. But now that I've checked the numbers, I see that on the Mac, which works, I have "8.1 release, camera raw 11.1" And on the PC, which doesn't work, I have version 6.1. I don't see a version number for camera raw on the PC. I suspect the problem is that I'm still running Windows 7 on the PC, and Lightroom can't update any further than it has on old Windows. The good news is that we're in the process of upgrading to Windows 10, so perhaps the problem will solve itself in the near future. Thanks again for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you are in process upgrading to Windows 10, then wait to install CC. CC should run on Windows 7, but if you want to wait, and in essence avoid double work, then sure.

Incidentally, you may want to just before updating to Windows 10 (if this is an update of the OS not a replacement of the PC) to make sure you know your LR 6 license (in case of very bad accidents), and remove the Adobe program, clean up the installs that the OS upgrade may try to bring over, as to hopefully not have a bunch of old registry junk left over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In v 8.1, reset the Profile to Adobe Standard v2, then to whatever profile you really want, and this issue goes away for RAF files previously worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines