Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering images from dead computer.

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone can help with a probel I have. I had edited a series of photos from a recent trip but had not yet had the chance to export them and save them on the HDD.

Unfortunately before I could export the images my computer died. (I'm pretty sure that my motherboard died) If I pull the HDD out and hook it up to another computer will I be able to access the edited images somewhere? If so, could someone please tell me where on the HDD I should look for them?

TIA

Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear about the lost data. I'd recommend that you take a look at the below discussion and let us know if that help in recovering the images: Restoring catalog after an external drive failure

First thing you need to locate is the original catalog you had on the older computer. Here's a detailed article Dealing with Lightroom Disasters (Troubleshooting) | Dealing with Disasters (Troubleshooting) | Peachpit

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear about the lost data. I'd recommend that you take a look at the below discussion and let us know if that help in recovering the images: Restoring catalog after an external drive failure

First thing you need to locate is the original catalog you had on the older computer. Here's a detailed article Dealing with Lightroom Disasters (Troubleshooting) | Dealing with Disasters (Troubleshooting) | Peac...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines