• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I try to convert a 15 pages PDF file. Each page has the same header (Company name & logo) and this header is not converted when I launch the conversion action.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I try to convert (export to word)  a 15 pages PDF file

My goal is to copy and past the converted document into an another word document.

However, each page of this document has a the same header (Company name, address and logo) and this header is not converted when I launch the export process.

Do you have any clue this fix this issue?

Many Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Jacques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacquess,

If I understand correctly, you have a 15 page pdf file and trying to convert it as word and then create the multiple word documents copies?

And while creating the pdf file to word format the header of pdfs are not converting to word?

How exactly you are converting the pdf to word? Could you confirm the exact work flow that you follow? As, I assume this might be a file specific issue. So you may check with a different pdf document once.

Also, there might be a possibility where the text present in header/footer section is not actually one. But instead manually added text. Kindly confirm if it's header/footer or normal text. You can differentiate by double clicking on the text (which is assumed to be header/footer), if it opens Design tab in the menu bar where header/footer operations can be done, then it's header/footer else it's manually added text.

If this doesn't clear your query can you please share the pdf with us, so that we can do a better investigation on this?

You can try the following steps for the conversion-

Try converting the file through- https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Or through the desktop application- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AKANCHHA,

First of all, a great thanks for your message.

Your understanding of the issue is quite right.

The work flow I am following is quite straight forward, this is the one given by ADOBE: when the PDF file is open, then I have a button on the top right corner offering the function “export to PDF.

I then follow the process which is quite simple.

Surprisingly the “export to Word” works when the PDF contains only one page but Not when there is more than one page.

So I copy from the PDF each page one by one and paste it the word document…which very time consuming

You will find an attached PDF file (46 pages) as an example.

-        The PFD and the export to Word : As you will see It seems not possible to copy the entire Word document (from the top to the bottom) to paste it in an other word document: the header and the footer remains not “accessible” and not pasted

Again, thanks for your help

Best regards

jacques

[Private information removed. -Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacques,

Sorry for the delay in response to your previous post.

1-Surprisingly the “export to Word” works when the PDF contains only one page but Not when there is more than one page.

So I copy from the PDF each page one by one and paste it the word document…which very time consuming

As shared as that the pdf converts fine if there is only one page converted to word it converts fine but not more than that. In this case i assume that the other page of the pdfs are doesn't contain real text or it only has images.

Copying the content of pdf and pasting it on word document is not a good practice. This might not give the appropriate result, as formatting of pdf document and word document might differ.

You will find an attached PDF file (46 pages) as an example.

-        The PFD and the export to Word : As you will see It seems not possible to copy the entire Word document (from the top to the bottom) to paste it in an other word document: the header and the footer remains not “accessible” and not pasted

Unfortunately, I can not see any file attached here. Could you please send it via email to us? Would test the same at our end and try to find out why the other pages aren't converting to word.

Or- https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AKANCHHA,

I understand that you couldn’t see any attached file in my previous e-mail. I am sorry for that

Could you send me an e-mail address that I could use to resent the PDF files?

Many Thanks

Jacques

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jacques,

I did receive your email to the email address I shared earlier. Thanks for gathering all the information and sending it to us.

Allow us some time to look into it and try reproducing the same at our end.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources