• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone Xs/X notch hides key actions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘ve only just got the iPhone Xs, so I’m not sure if it’s a device problem, iOS 12, or recent app release, but the notch hides a lot of functionality and makes the app almost impossible to use!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone X (last year’s model) and not seeing this. The top tool bar is below the notch, and the only thing on the notch level is the time and signal strength.

I’m running iOS 12, and PS Fix 1.7.1. What versions are you running? (I’d guess iOS 12 since it’s a new phone, but what about the Ps Fix version?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response - I’m running iOS 12 and 1.7.1 in app. Is there anyway I can attach screenshots?

Thanks, Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can attach screenshots using the controls at the top of the edit window on this forum. If you’re posting from your phone, you’ll need to flip the phone over to ​portrait landscape mode in order to see the edit control toolbar.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting an issue with the covered GUI and notch for Adobe Photoshop Express version 6.8 with an iPhone XS on IOS 12. See attached screenshots. IMG_6401 Combined.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4FF009AF-3510-4E7E-9EC2-428833350352.jpegMine has the same issue too using iPhone XS max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. IOS 12.0 on a new iPhone XS

And from my iPhone, I see no EDIT control toolbar to attach marked up screenshots as you’ve indicated by Michael j. Hoffman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tliszt,

To get the toolbar, you have to turn your iPhone sideways (I’m using Safari). Here’s the portrait view:

4703B477-C7BD-429D-94F7-CDE94CAF5738.png

And here is the landscape view. See the icons up top? You may have to drag the screen around:

304C3025-04C4-416E-9F2F-E83E552F2747.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original post reads, “you’ll need to flip the phone over to PORTRAIT mode”.

So when you say ‘sideways’ I assume you mean horizontal rather than portrait. And thank you because now I see the tools.

6176D8E4-7CE0-4F63-8B6B-E775EFF69248.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tliszt  wrote

Your original post reads, “you’ll need to flip the phone over to PORTRAIT mode”.

So when you say ‘sideways’ I assume you mean horizontal rather than portrait.

Right you are, my apologies. I’ve gone back and updated the earlier post.

It seems you’re seeing the same issue as others with the newest devices. Hopefully Sheena Kaul​ from Adobe will be able to let us know soon when a fix will be coming.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Michael! The product team is aware about the UI issues and is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a response from Adobe staff Sheena Kaul​ today over in this similar thread, indicating that Adobe is aware of UI issues with iPhone XS and is working on it:

iPhone XS bar hides keys/actions on top of screen

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, I’m afraid to say 1.7.2 hasn’t fixed the issue - the centre actions are hidden beneath the notch.

6757639B-8D59-4063-8806-3A7DBE526B83.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone Xs and running iOS 12.  Same issue with the notch hidding the share button and other items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here too on my XS Max... been awf long for such a simple fix. I take 100’s of photos a week and my go to mobile app is essential to the process, but I’ve had to go find other alternative apps to pick up the slack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines