3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2008 3:37 PM by kglad

Resizing with loadMovie

BeniRose Level 1
      Unfortunately, I recently inherited some AS1 code and I need some help. I have a for loop that is loading in quite a few images using loadMovie(). The only problem is that they need to be resized once they're loaded. I know it should be using MovieClipLoader, but it's nearly impossible to use that with a for loop and I want to make the lease amount of changes to the structure of the code. Is there an easy way to resize an image that's been loading in using loadMovie? I'm trying to create an onEnterFrame for each one but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas why?

• 1. Re: Resizing with loadMovie
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can use one moviecliploader instance in a for-loop to load and control multiple files.

your onEnterFrame loop is removed as soon as loading begins. and unless pw and ph vary with each p, there's nothing tricky about this. if pw and ph vary with each p, then create a child (or parent) of p, and load into the child (or assign a pw and ph property to the parent).
          • 2. Re: Resizing with loadMovie
            BeniRose Level 1
            You're right. I don't know why I was thinking I couldn't put MCLs in a for loop, I guess because the way I was taught to use them is to call a loadClip and then call another one from within the handler, so it's sort of a "once load has initialized on the first item, load in the second one" loop going on.

I switch it to put all the calls inside the for loop and just put the listener handling before it, and it works fine. Thanks kglad!
            • 3. Re: Resizing with loadMovie
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              you're welcome.