Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install Chinese version

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

When I attempt to download the latest flash player I am automatically  redirected to www.flash.cn.  If I try to manually change this to www.flash.com I am redirected to www.adobe.com/products/flashruntimes.html, which does not have a link to download.

If I change the language to English on the www.flash.cn page it still prompts me to download flashplayer_install_cn.exe.

I tried downloading the offline installers from a 3rd party website but even though the file size is 20.1mb, when I attempt to run the .exe it just opens my browser and takes me back to the www.flash.cn website.

I have a vpn on my phone, and I used a US server to attempt the download, but I am redirected to www.adobe.com/m/flashplayer/android.html.

I am an American citizen who recently moved to China.   I speak a little Mandarin but I do not read any Chinese.  I have had trouble with microphone and camera permissions on the past and need the English version of Flash.  My windows 10 laptop is set for US timezone and language, and all Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge)  are set to English and to disallow location permissions.

I tried the "Download flash for another computer" link and received the same _cn file.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Hi andrew12345678910​,

www.flash.cn is the official distribution partner of Flash Player in China market. If you have downloaded and installed the Flash Player from any other Adobe page, you will not be able to use the installed Flash Player in China region. Therefore I recommend you to uninstall Flash Player you have already installed(Uninstaller available at:Uninstall Flash Player for Windows  ) and install Flash Player for China region available on Flash Player官方下载-Flash中国官网​  page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the trick was to disconnect the wifi prior to using the offline installers.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andrew12345678910​,

www.flash.cn is the official distribution partner of Flash Player in China market. If you have downloaded and installed the Flash Player from any other Adobe page, you will not be able to use the installed Flash Player in China region. Therefore I recommend you to uninstall Flash Player you have already installed(Uninstaller available at:Uninstall Flash Player for Windows  ) and install Flash Player for China region available on Flash Player官方下载-Flash中国官网​  page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines