• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 15 - freezes on installation at 58%

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am really cheesed off with this.  Not sure if it is my new PC running WIndows 10 or the software.  I bought the product on a disc about a year ago and successfully installed on my laptop and desktop.  I have just replaced my desktop so need to install on the new PC - however I cannot get past 58% on the installation.  Have tried disc, downloading trial online but each time the same and my whole PC freezes and can only be recovered by powering off - nothing else works!

Any suggestions please on what to do to resolve the issue and get the software installed?  I know I can only have two licences running at once, but I haven't ever got that far yet!|!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sueb95198822  wrote

Any suggestions please on what to do to resolve the issue and get the software installed?  I know I can only have two licences running at once, but I haven't ever got that far yet!|!

Did you deactivate the software on the old desktop prior to your attempt to install on the new machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that’s a good point but I was trying to download a trial version then once it was successful I was going to deactivate on old machine and activate on new one. Amway, problem has been resolved through online support who connected to my PC and managed, with persistence, to complete the installation. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please use the Adobe Log collector tool, to collect logs.

The tool can be downloaded from Log Collector Tool.

Once you download and run the log collector tool, it collect log files and zip them in a single folder on your desktop.

The folder name would start with 'Adobe.....'

Open this folder, search for 'Installer logs' folder, inside which you would be able to find a file 'install'.

Open this file, and see if you could find any errors in there.

Thanks,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sueb,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums.

It seems you are facing issue with the installation of Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Can we try the following steps:

- Open "Control Panel"

- Open "Programs & Features"

- Repair the following list of programs

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)

- Restart your machine & try to install Adobe Photoshop Elements again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines