• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo literally getting deleted from drive while editing

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing some photos from a family birthday when I suddenly got the popup "file not found". I had imported the files earlier that day and thought maybe it was just a cataloug issues but i check my drive and the picture is actually gone. In my folder there is litterally a gap in the file name its gose from "20180923-IMG_6935" and directly to "20180923-IMG_6937" with the previous "20180923-IMG_6936" nowhere to be found.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

You may have inadvertently moved or deleted the file. If you haven't done so already check the Recycle bin for the file. Next search each of your drives individually at the root as shown below for the missing file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lthz,

We're sorry to hear about the image getting deleted, could you please let us know where are the original images stored? internal drive or external drive?

Also, is the issue specific to only one image?

Please mention the version of Photoshop and operating system you're working on.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos are stored on raid1 2x2tb internal hard drives and so was this one. This has never happend before and it only happend to the one photo. I imported about 200 photos some 4 hours ago and started editing about 1 hour after the import finnished.

sys info:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have inadvertently moved or deleted the file. If you haven't done so already check the Recycle bin for the file. Next search each of your drives individually at the root as shown below for the missing file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines