• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several pics in the table.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very beginner question but in the web I did not find the answer.

How can I insert several pictures in the screen ,and stack them in the screen out of my paper work, so I can select one by one to make a composition an edit them in the paper work. As much as I intent this all the pics disappear whey I drag out of the paper work.

And my second question how can I rotate the paper work between portrait and landscape.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It sounds like the artboard feature will give you what you want.

When you set up a new image in New Document  tick the " Artboard" option.

When you place images you can drag them on and off your artboard. To rotate the board, select it in the layers panel and in the option bar click the portrait/landscape symbol

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree.  I use the Artboard feature all the time.  I don't know what I did before they had that feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xoser18009762​

not sure if I understood you correctly…

Stack: Choose File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack

Rotate: Edit > Free Transform. Rotate by dragging – move the pointer outside the bounding border (curved, double-arrow), then drag.

Does this help?

Cheers, Joely

Wanna-Be ACP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I have is that I am composing all the pic in a A3 artwork, but as far as I have many pics before using it I want to have all stacked outside the artwork. When I drag them out I lost them. They go black.

Regarding the option bar I can select the artwork in my layer panel but I do not have access to the option bar with the portrait or landscape symbol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you don't see images/layers that doesn't mean they are black or gone... 😉

It's helpfull to activate the Transformation-Handles up in the control bar. Once a Layer is selected you'll see the Element outside the Canvas.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

A few comments :

First, to see the artboard options in the options bar you need to have the Artboard tool selected. It shares the same space as the regular move tool so click and hold on the move tool to select it.

Next, when images are in the artboard or half in - then the part of the image over the artboard is displayed. If you move an image entirely out of the artboard then, whilst moving, a transform box is shown but on clicking enter (or clicking on the tick) to accept the move then the image itself is displayed. See screenshot below:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

Use artboards in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines