• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer Beeps on Start Up and Freezes

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop Elements 9, when I launch the Organizer, the computer beeps once.  Organizer opens, but after one mouse click the entire program freezes and is completely unresponsive.  The only way to exit the program is by opening task manager and closing the task.  I'm using Windows 7.  I've tried everything listed here:   Elements Organizer crashes at launch and here:  Troubleshoot system errors, freezes, and crashes in Photoshop Elements.  I've uninstalled Elements and re-installed it.  There are no catalogs or photos in my Organizer.  Organizer has worked in the past on this computer, but it's not working now.  In Elements 9, when I launch Edit, it works fine.  Only Organizer freezes.  Can anyone help?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've moved your post, from the Photoshop forum, to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try out this suggestion:

When you uninstall the application, manually delete the related application folders from these locations:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer

Please note, deleting the Catalogs folder from this location would make you loose your catalogs, but not the media.

Then install the application afresh again.

This would ensure that no corrupted preferences from previous install are left on your system which might be causing the hang.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arshla,

I uninstalled the program and deleted the files as you suggested.  Then reloaded the program, and it didn't work.  I uninstalled the program again, deleted the entire folders containing those files, then searched my main and back up drives for anything containing Elements Organizer and deleted those folders, too.  Then reloaded the program and it still didn't work.  Is there anything else you can suggest?  Registry files?  Organizer opens ok, and allows me to click in it successfully only one time, then freezes.  The Editor side works just fine, without problems.  Only the Organizer freezes.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines