Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not importing Cr2 files

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, maybe someone can help.

I am running ALClassic 7.5 Build 1186149 on Mac OS 10.13.6. Untill yesterday CR2 files from my 1Dx and 5DMkIII cameras imported just fine into catalogs. As of today a large majority of the cr2 files will no longer import into a catalog and when they do import the previews look like this (see attached screen shot)

Any help would be appreciated. So far I have un-installed ALClassic and re-installed via the Creative Cloud manager but same results.

I have read other questions on the discussion and none of those solutions have helped.

Thank you in advance, CJ

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 7.41.17 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some form of corruption caused by a hardware malfunction. The hardware could be any piece that actually touches your photos, starting with the camera card, and including the card reader or USB Cable/USB Port, the hard disk and the computer memory.

You need to try importing the photos again with different hardware to see if you can isolate the hardware causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on further inspection I have discovered that the files themselves are corrupt. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/CJ+Gunther  wrote

on further inspection I have discovered that the files themselves are corrupt. Thank you for the help.

Yes, and you need to test to find why the files are corrupt.  Somewhere along the path from camera to hard drive, some piece of hardware is causing the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files have been corrupted by not being completely copied from google drive. I’m working on file restoration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shows the signs of a hardware failure.  It could be one of several items such as the SD card, the USB cable, the USB port, the card reader, or possibly hard drive to which you are importing.  Have you tried other cards, cables, card readers or USB ports?  I would start by checking SD cards, but because it is happening with 2 different cameras, it is more likely to be one of the other pieces of hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines