This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Did you search the forum on compatibility?
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/searchresults.cfm?requesttimeout=500&cate gory=290&forumid=55&FTVAR_KEYWORD1FRM=compatibility&FTVAR_SEARCHWHATFRM=c& FTVAR_RESULTTYPE=topics&FTVAR_AUTHORFRM=&FTVAR_TABLECHOICEFRM=current&FTVAR_CA TEGORYIDFRM=290&Selection=false&FTVAR_DATESELFRM=Select&FTVAR_STARTDATEFRM=&am p;FTVAR_ENDDATEFRM=&cal_d1=0&cal_d2=0
Thanks Thinklnk, but all I see is lots of other people with the same problem.
Is Adobe monitoring this forum? If so, any help guys?
Maybe you can try the following, in this specific order:
1. start Dreamweaver and turn of Contribute compatibility (Site management)
2. close Dreamweaver
3. start Contribute
4. go to Edit, Administer Websites
5. set Compatibility to Transition Mode
6. set/change the adminsitrator password
7. close the admin section
8. make an edit to some page
9. close Contribute
10. start Dreamweaver
11. go to Site management
12. turn on Contribute compatibility
13. close Dreamweaver
14. open Contribute and see if the message is gone
Unfortunately this didn't work and just so I'm clear the message doesn't appear in Contribute, it appears in Dreamweaver when I'm checking-in files.
This is frustrating...
You are rigth the message is in Dreamweaver, Sorry about that mistake.
Usually these steps take care of the problem. Maybe you need more desparate measures...
1. In Dreamweaver delete the Site (export the site first to have a back up)
2. In Contribute delete the Administration (back up the admin folders first with an ftp program _mm, _backs etc)
3. In Dreamweaver create the Site again
4. In Contribute create a new connection
I'm sorry I don't know the exact answer, that's because the problem with me was always solved by just administering the site in Contribute.
I had this same issue with Contribute and Dreamweaver CS4.
Good news, it stopped as soon as I connected to the site with Contribute, began administering it, and Contribute wrote its special configuration file to the server.
I search this hardly, thanks :-)