2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2018 4:40 PM by R Neil Haugen

How do I export part of a project to be used in another with a different encoding format?

grillem

So I finished a project, using footage from a camcorder and a GoPro Hero 6, but then realized at the very end that I had the entire project in a different encoding format than each video needed, as I am new to this. This wasn't a big deal, as the horizontal lines that showed up after exporting it were not very visible when I uploaded it to YouTube. However, I need to work on second similar project, and want to use the same intro animation that I made in the first project in this next project. How would I go about exporting only the first portion, and would I run into any problems since the encoding format is different from what I want the next project to be?

Also, if you have to specify the encoding format when you start a new project, how would I go about putting videos of different formats, such as from both a Panasonic HC-X920 and a GoPro Hero 6, without creating those annoying horizontal blurs when I go to export it?

I'm pretty new to this, so I apologize if these questions seem obvious.

• 1. Re: How do I export part of a project to be used in another with a different encoding format?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

grillem  wrote

How would I go about exporting only the first portion,

Adjust the Work Area Bar to be only over the portion you want to export before exporting:

adobe+premiere+pro+work+area+bar

• 2. Re: How do I export part of a project to be used in another with a different encoding format?
            R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Most of us probably work with multiple media sizes these days. Fact of life, right?

So when setting up for a new project sequence, you need to think of your media, and puzzle out which frame-size/rate is the best fit for your media. As always, upscaling media to a larger frame-size can be dicey, but down-scaling gives options to even 'crop' without losing resolution.

So ... what it the smaller frame-size for the majority of your media? That's probably the frame-size to use. Say you've got 1080 and 4k media ... with a large amount of 1080 ... well, probably a 1080 sequence is best.

Frame-rate ... again, primary rate used in the media is normally a good starting point.

If you have media that it both at the 'correct' frame-size & rate, you can start a new sequence by say just dropping one of those clips in the blank timeline area. This creates a sequence to match the media.

PrPro can adapt other frame-rates to the rate of the sequence in many cases, in some you may need to adjust with perhaps Modify/Interpret Footage to set the frame rate for some clips.

Neil

1 person found this helpful