Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD slow in MacOS Mojave

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I updated my iMac to Mojave, and now I'm getting some low performance on Adobe XD, like zooming in/out, moving the screen around, etc.

Does anyone noticed this too? Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

So we have finally been able to reproduce in-house with an NVIDIA GeForce GT driver and 10.14. Definitely appears to be a leak/bug in the 10.14 Mojave NVIDIA Driver. We have reported to both Apple and NVIDIA and are waiting to hear back. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First we've heard so far, thank you for reporting.

Can you share more info about your machine and the video card? Apple->About this Mac top level data would suffice.

Do any other apps like Chrome or any other tools exhibit similar behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with this low level machine, Adobe XD worked perfectly before the Mojave update.

Do any other apps like Chrome or any other tools exhibit similar behavior?

Not yet...

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So good news and bad.

The good -- I have the exact same model iMac at home.  I installed the latest Adobe XD 12 before upgrading to Mojave and confirmed it had good performance with drag, zoom, etc. of many artboards and images.

The bad (well for you) - after upgrading to Mojave, the same files performed as well or better than they did prior with 10.13.6.

So at this point it's still a mystery.

If you run Activity Monitor and sort by CPU usage, when things are performing poorly do you see any other apps stealing CPU cycles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Issue with XD.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 11.18.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 11.22.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what are your Display settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same issue.

Adobe XD 12.0.12.10

Despite low specs, ran flawlessly on High Sierra. Now, if I switch away from XD Application and back to it, XD is unusable on scrolling/zooming.

Need to reboot Machine to fix. So annoying!

Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 09.04.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sebastianh1579010 ...that was a good clue.

Wondering if there is anything special about the XD file you experience poor performance with when things go south? e.g. Image heavy?  Or once things are in a bad state, does the issue occur even in a simple empty document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically for you sebastianh1579010​... given that you have both a discrete and integrated GPU wondered if anything changes for you if you go into System Preferences -> Energy Saver, and turn off Automatic Graphics Switching.  This should force the high-performance GPU, on the chance this is related in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We greatly appreciate the help of those on this thread in tracking this issue down.

We are working with Apple on this one and they have asked for a system diagnostic report to help them analyze what might be going on.  Can one or more of you with the issue help out?

The best case scenario is if you could capture a system diagnostic when the slowdown in XD is occurring.

0. Open up XD and start the diagnostic when XD is exhibiting the slow behavior.

1. Open up a terminal window and from the command line type: sudo sysdiagnose

2. Immediately switch focus to the XD app and wait until the system diagnostic is complete (should take about 3 minutes or so).

The file will probably be quite large so you'll probably have to share it with me via dropbox or some such. Please message me privately so you can share the resulting report and I will pass along to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help CoreyRLucier

First thing I did when this behaviour exhibited itself was to force GPU to DISCRETE at all times by using gfxCardStatus on Mac. Made no difference

I'll see if I can reproduce and collect a syslog.

Can 100% exclude any other app interfering — the only thing that I've changed between XD working well and not was update MacOS to Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebastianh1579010

Can 100% exclude any other app interfering — the only thing that I've changed between XD working well and not was update MacOS to Mojave

Same here. The slow down occurred right after the Mojave update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very relieved to hear that there are others have the exact same issue! Worked perfectly before Mojave, now very laggy on the zooming. Will do a diagnostic and send it over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As of now we have only received one diagnostic. So the only way Apple can remedy is to get more data. Just a reminder ... any help capturing the diagnostic when XD is up and exhibiting the slowdown is appreciated. Try to have XD as the foreground app when capturing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Adobe XD became very slow after updating to Mojave. System diagnostic report will be soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone on this thread that's reported a slowdown in Mojave? Is it safe to assume you have an NVidia GeForce GT graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, MBP with GT 650M!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and yes,

System info:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone here is able, can you open the Chrome browser and navigate to chrome://gpu ... there is a copy to clipboard button at the top of the page.  Can you send the results to me privately here on the forums?

Just gathering more info that might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone, I received all the Chrome gpu reports I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Radeon Pro 555, mates. Switches to Intel HD Graphics 630.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case you can turn off automatic graphics switching in your energy settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines