0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 3:12 PM by Huzza08

Flash9e.ocx

Huzza08
      Hi guys

Does anyone know anything about a Flash9e.ocx error message that keeps crashing my browser in IE7 and Firefox? I've seen some posts here before about this topic but I can't seem to find them now.

Some people were suggesting that it was a bug in Flash Player and that reinstalling Flash might help. I uninstalled my current version, rebooted and reinstalled, and get the same problem. I get the message: Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close and lists Flash9e.ocx as the add-on running when the problem occurred.

Anyone got any workarounds? Has Adobe recognised this problem as a bug? There's an awful lot of people having the same problem at a games site: Miniclip.com. The game is called Anagrammatic. If I log in to play the game and then navigate to the Games Forum page my browser crashes instantly every time. Anyone know what's going on?

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Willing to try editing the registry etc etc. Anything that might work. PS I rolled back to Flash 8 and tried to play the game and an ActiveX control immediately upgrades me back up to Version 9. So no joy there either!

Is this the buggiest site on the planet or is Flash 9 the problem?

Any help appreciated.