• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP cc No audio during playback ch1 & audio glitch. Fix?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is when playing back a sequence, a loud audio glitch (pop, fizz) over modulated sound occurs just as the playhead hits the first sound in the timeline. It seems to occur only on audio track 1. If I move the audio down to track 2, it plays back normal. It seems to be random as well. Not all sequences or projects have this problem. All of the sequences and projects are AVC intra 100 with mono tracks. All of the footage is shot with a Canon C100 mkii. The spot in the timeline where the loud pop glitch occurs is just before the clip itself, where there is no audio clip present. The audio track has been set at the proper playback level and is not set too high or over modulated.

The other problem is that the same audio clip and every clip on ch1 will all of a sudden, randomly disappear. Sometimes completely, no wave form audio in the timeline, but the video is still there. Other times the waveform from the clip will be there but there is no audio during playback. When I go back to the preview monitor and play the original clip, the audio is not there either. Again this is with audio on ch1. Moving it to ch2 or activating solo also sometimes helps correct this.

The other fix we found was to change the mono track to a stereo track and move both tracks to L. Sometimes restarting the app will fix this, sometimes not. We have also tried clearing the audio cache, and that did not help. We are using the latest version of PP.

Help anyone?

Thanks, Ted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this project begun in a prior version of Premiere Pro and then updated to the latest version?

A work around for your first problem is to place a clip of audio (with the gain dropped to -∞ db so that it is silent) in the gap that precedes the first real audio.

A work around for your second problem is to toggle the Solo and Mute buttons for the track a couple of times.

See if either of these suggestions help.

Both these issues occurred for me in a previous version but are not appearing in the very latest version of Premiere Pro. You might want to check and verify you are on the latest version.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MtD,

These have all been new projects started on the latest version of PP CC. I just started a new project and put all my main talent audio on CH2 instead of CH1. I added a vocal enhancer in the track mixer to the track. An audio clip later in my sequence, with nothing before it started to make the chjit popping noise. I tried your suggestion of placing another audio clip with the gain dropped, right in front of it. It still made the glitch noise. I removed the vocal enhancer effect and it went away for now. Could it be the audio effect? I don't know. I also don't know how to get Adobe to respond.

I am producing several broadcast TV commercials per week, and it is becoming a real pain to deal with.

Thanks, Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ted,

I also don't know how to get Adobe to respond.

Give us a call at this link: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines