• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow attaching from Adobe to Outlook

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that is using Adobe DC Standard and attempting to use the folder icon to send to his email as an attachment.  When he clicks that icon (even on a very small pdf) the process to attach to an email takes 1 - 2 minutes to complete.  (Adobe DC Standard (Fully Updated) and Outlook 2016 (Fully Updated)

I have tried the following...

1. Repaired the installation of Office and Adobe
  2. Turned off Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook and tested again.
  3. Changed to Office 64-bit instead of Office 32-bit.
  4. Again tried it with both Cached Exchange Mode on and off.
  5. Received an alert that his hard drive was throwing errors due to bad sectors…
  6. Replaced Hard Drive
  7. Reloaded Operating System and Applications from scratch
  8. Again tried steps 1-4
  9. Attempted to “Share” a document from Word and Attach to an Email as an attachment.  This works flawlessly.
  10. Found an Add-on that was installed in Outlook called Adobe Send and Track

System seems to work better without Send and Track turned on but is still very slow. (Instead of 2 minutes to attach it takes 1 minute)

What can I do to resolve this issue?   I have searched the Adobe forums but most of the entries have to do with the envelope icon failing completely.  This is just a crazy delay.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Rob

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to send pdf as an attachment using outlook, is that correct?

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, try sending pdf using " use webmail" option and check if this behavior continues.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines