0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 8:32 AM by VPenades

Flash SWC to Flex

VPenades Level 1

Hi, I'm new here... we have began evaluating Flex Builder to see if it fits our needs... one of the first things we tried was to try to import a MovieClip from flash CS3 to flex, and it didn't worked at all... actually, I expended two days trying *everything... It looked to a lot of tutorials on the net and I tried a lot of things, but nothing seemed to work.

This is what we have and what we did:

Flex Builder 2 + Flex SDK 2.0.1 + hotfix 2
      CS3 Ver 9 + Flex component kit

When exported from CS3 I enabled "actionscript3" and "export SWC"... then I created a movieclip, and from the library, I set its linkage properties (export for actionscript, base class: flash.display.MovieClip class: testClass), and then exported the movie clip as a single SWC file.

In Flex builder I created an ActionScript project (I don't want to mess with Flex yet) and I tried to make the SWC visible to the project, I copied it to the LIB folder and I added it to the project with the project/ properties/ actionscript build path/ library path , and I added the SWC file.

Inmediately after that, I got the error messages:
      * An internal build error occurred, please check the error log.
      * unable to load SWC myFlashMovieClip.swc

And I was not able to move from that... I tried to modify all the flex builder project settings and I tried to export the movieclip a dozen times with different setups, but flex builder seems unable to recognize it.

I couldn't find the named "error log" file anyware, not in the project folders, not in flex builder folders

I tried to find solutions on the net, but everything I've found is "intall 2.01 fix" which is already installed.

I also tried to find on the net the source code of a sample project that exports a movieclip from flash to flex using SWC and I couldn't find any... all I've found are samples of actionscript extracting content directly from swf files.

I even decompressed the swc file, took a look to catalog.xml and everything seemed to look fine to me.

What I need is a very simple "hello world" like project with a FLA containing the ready to export into SWC movieclip... and a simple actionscript (not flex) project that links to that given SWC file and displays it... my God, it can't be that difficult!

help!