• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to update keyframe value based on checkbox

Valorous Hero ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image below is the existing animation. I'd like to add a checkbox which when enabled, will change the value of the second (and third) keyframe values. I have the 'new value' for when the checkbox is enabled - I'm having issues getting the animation to update with this new value (for the 2nd and 3rd keyframes).

I'm pretty certain I've done this many times before but I'm stumped at the moment. TIA!

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits
TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland,

I think you can do it this way;

checkboxOn=effect("Checkbox Control")("Checkbox")[0];

keyframeValue=15;

k1 = key(1).time;

k2 = key(2).time;

if (time<=k1) value;

else

if (time>k1 & time<k2) ease(time,k1,k2,value,keyframeValue)

else

if (checkboxOn)(keyframeValue)

else

value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buds! I found another solution/method/strategy BUTT I'll be keeping this aside just in case I need such a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see what you ended up using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually can't recall which route I went with - there were lots of different Expressions involved in my task and as always lots of walls and hurdles to overcome. I'll be in touch once the product is released - your AE/PPro students may enjoy using it or you can use it to show them what's possible with MoGRTs and Master Props.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back!!! And I suck! LOL

With two keyframes, what you've provided is what I've done previously - using the Linear method. However, my issue is with three or more keyframes.

In short, how do I affect a single keyframe's value when the prop has more than two keyframes?

With more than two keyframes, the Linear method is not viable unless there's some advanced gymnastics involved; which is beyond me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found a solution which works but I was hoping for  a more elegant/script-based solution. FWIW, I simply linked the prop with KFs to a slider which is user-controlled. As long as I limited the value that a user could input, I was able to ensure things look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines