6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2018 10:20 AM by SuperDolph

Perplexed - automatic vignette applied when switching from Library to Develop

SuperDolph Level 1

Greetings,

I've been processing photos for many years but I'm new to Lightroom. I'm very happy with the program so far, but I've started having a problem with Lightroom CC Classic where it appears to be applying a vignette whenever I switch from Library mode to Develop mode. I'm shooting RAW with a Canon 5D Mark IV.

- I understand how the embedded preview images work, and this does not appear to be consistent with the normal differences between the embedded image and the RAW image.

- I don't think the program was doing this before.  It seems like a setting changed.

- I've tried using the image reset options, made sure the camera settings were are set to the Adobe Default, verified no weird settings on import, etc.

- It is only happening on photos with no additional processing.  If I process the photos the problem goes away. I assume this is because LR is creating a preview image consistent with the edits. But I'm very confused about why it's happening on photos with no edits.

Here's links to an example:

Library.jpg - Google Drive

Develop.JPG - Google Drive

Library.jpgDevelop.JPG

I'm at a loss.  Any thoughts?

Thank you!