• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match frame sizes in sub clips when overwrite

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recorded song video in my sequence which is 1920 x 1080. For this video I need to add subclips in between those are 1920 x 800.

I did a overwrite to the main clip at some point with a sub clip and when I play I see my original clip parts in background. What should I do? Do I need to compromise my main clip frame size to match to sub clips?

As shown below yellow background is my main clip and  when my sub cilps play I dont want to see that background parts of main clip

I dont want to do insert also with the sub clips because I want to sync a audio at once to the main clip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

You need to decide what you want.

You can either add black bars, delete the under laying clip, scale the subclips up or make the sequence 1920x800.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to decide what you want.

You can either add black bars, delete the under laying clip, scale the subclips up or make the sequence 1920x800.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the decision is yours, if you want to know my opinion, I would do it depending on the destination of the final product, family, advertising, corporate, leaving it at the highest resolution.

For a family video, you can duplicate the secondary video and place it as background, scale it and blur it so that the perception is within the same context, not like the image it puts, with this you will not lose details that you surely do not want to lose.

For an advertising video, it will be between the previous one and the next one.

For a corporate, do not make decoration with visual effects, you will have to scale the secondary video centering the objective on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines