• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file could not be written

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new win10 computer.  I have been able to export files.  Went on a trip for a week.  Came back today I cannot export any files.  I get a window titled: Some export operations were not performed.  The file could not be written.

Have searched for answers.  Cannot find anything that solves the problem.  One place said clear my cache.  It is empty.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lr.  Did not make a difference.

Help please.

Thank you,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Using Windows File Explorer, check the security permissions on the folder you are trying to write to.

At a minimum, your account needs READ and WRITE access.

Sometimes you need give those privileges to the "everyone" group.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows File Explorer, check the security permissions on the folder you are trying to write to.

At a minimum, your account needs READ and WRITE access.

Sometimes you need give those privileges to the "everyone" group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you exporting images to? Is the location you're exporting to writeable?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joe, it was to my Desktop and it was set to Read Only.  Big Smiley Face!Thank you Joe, it was to my Desktop and it was Thank you marer1976, it was to the Desktop and it was set to Read Only.  Big Smiley Face!  Had to pick one as the correct answer so I picked the first one, but yours was also the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you have it working now

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue, and you were right here. The reason I cannot export/cannot be writen my photos, is because Read only was filled, so I tried to empty the gap, I did, but for some reasons it's not so easy here, cuze when I empty the "Read-only (Only applies to files in folder) and I apply, and ok, it's not changing it, if I go back the gap is still filled althought I removed the tht option and saved it.. I don't know how can i set that so it doesn't turn it back despite I save it.. Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think the "Read-only" flag is the problem. I think it is, as explained above by @ManiacJoe, that you don't have the proper Write permission to the folder. So, either change the permissions, or change the folder to one where you do have write permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joe, it was to my Desktop and it was set to Read Only.  Big Smiley Face!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad things are working now.

Just a word of caution. The "desktop" folder is one of those special folders. Using it as a place for generic files can sometimes get folks into trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.  Seeing your last post made me realize that I said Desktop and what I meant was Windows/Web/Wallpaper/My Folder, which is where I put some of my photos to be seen on my Desktop. Sorry for the confusion.  Anyway it was a permissions thing and with help from all who responded, it is now fixed.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines