• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking dropdown in text animation to an expression

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a long time user of AE but still somewhat of a novice when it comes to expressions. Anyway, I'm trying to setup presets for the text animations since I do a lot of repetitive work. My question is can you link the dropdown option in text animation/ e.g. Position/ Advanced -> based on (Characters,Words, Lines dropdown) to an expression like a slider control so I don't have to keep digging into it. Since I usually put multiple text animation controls, it's annoying to have to dig into every control to change from Letters to Words or what have you. It'd be great to have it and control multiple drop downs with one control. Also, would be better not to have multiple versions of presets for each type of animation. I'm not sure if this even possible. Thanks.

ref.jpg

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

In general, if a property doesn't have a keyframe stopwatch, you can't apply an expression to that property.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, if a property doesn't have a keyframe stopwatch, you can't apply an expression to that property.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's what I figured. Too bad. It could've been a time saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved from After Effects Scripting​ to After Effects Expressions​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines