• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam, wrong timecode and incomplete flatten,

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Act I, Act II and Act III multicams of a workshop theatre production. stereo mix from FOH Protools on A1 in each multicam.

Lay in Multicams into master sequence, start choosing angles and making temporal edits due to production problems and actor flubs.

First thing I noticed was that with overlays selected to show the timecode for the A1 track of the sequence (which is A1 of the Multicam which is the stereo mix track)

the TC is fine up until the first edit in the audio track. After that it changes from time-of-day that is in the protools audio file to a 00:XX:XX:XX timecode (probably clip time?).

Same thing happens with the Act II and Act III Multicams.

Note these are just temporal edits in the audio track of the multicam. I am not switching audio source tracks.

When I go to flatten the Multicam, the video flattens just fine but the audio only flattens the first clip of each Multicam. Any audio after the first edit stays as a Multicam and can't be flattened no matter what is selected.

Is there a way to fully flatten a multicam sequence like this? Or at the very least get the Overlay to show the proper TC of the tracks in the sequence?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

I believe we have a bug here. We are investigating further and hope to update you on further actions.

A Premiere Pro Quality Engineer said, "The bottom line is, its always been this way - where making manual cuts on the multicam clip created with non- multicam audio (camera 1 or all audio setting) will unlink the audio from the video after the first cut.  when it does that 2 things happen 1) the unlinked audio acts like an audio only clip and overlays now show audio time units rather than video b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slickslack,

Seems a little weird. I'll ping our multicam engineering staff. See what they say. Sorry for all the delays.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe we have a bug here. We are investigating further and hope to update you on further actions.

A Premiere Pro Quality Engineer said, "The bottom line is, its always been this way - where making manual cuts on the multicam clip created with non- multicam audio (camera 1 or all audio setting) will unlink the audio from the video after the first cut.  when it does that 2 things happen 1) the unlinked audio acts like an audio only clip and overlays now show audio time units rather than video based timecode. 2) since the non-multicam audio is no longer linked to the video then flattening does nothing since the audio is just simple nested audio at this point and cannot be flattened."

Can you upload your project file to Creative Cloud so we can inspect it? You can also report the issue on the user voice site, or you can simply upvote a similar request here: Better audio management for multicam sequence – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines