• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfencoder and cf 7.0

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering, does the cfencoder still work with coldfusion 7.0?

Thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? I believe that was the name of the tool used to encrypt coldfusion code, to make it more difficult for others to read. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? I believe that was the name of the tool used to encrypt coldfusion code, to make it more difficult for others to read. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See note at the bottom of ColdFusion security features

Note: You can also use the cfencode utility, located in the cf_root/bin directory, to obscure ColdFusion pages that you distribute. Although this technique cannot prevent persistent hackers from determining the contents of your pages, it does prevent inspection of the pages.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I would recommend against it. There is a CFDecode utility that can be found at various location on the Internet and it decodes the templates perfectly in seconds. All encoding does is make the application harder to support because you loose critical debugging info when errors occur -- like line numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation